...and its Euclid Beach Fresh Ice Cream (later called Dairy Whip)
In 1929 Nathan Weber accepted an internship working for Soeder's Dairy at their Euclid Beach Fresh Ice Cream (later called Dairy Whip) concession. He liked it. His family got permission, from Soeder's, to open a "stand" as long as certain criteria were met. In 1931, Weber's opened on Hilliard Rd. in Rocky River adding 5 new flavors to the original Vanilla. Two of those criteria were that, "...the product never be cheapened and be made on the same machines." The Vanilla that was served at Euclid Beach Park is EXACTLY the same as that served by Weber's today, and it is manufactured in those same machines built in 1931 on special order for the Weber family.